BAGRC Practice Space
We are excited to announce that we are now offering a year round practice space for returning Summer Camp and GRASP participants! This space will create an opportunity for campers to stay in their summer camp and after school program bands year round, create new bands with friends, or continue to freely experiment with and practice different instruments. Our practice space will be equipped with full drum, keyboard, guitar, & bass set ups as well as a PA.
Utilizing our practice space calendar, campers will choose times and dates that work for them and jam out! Our practice space will be hosted by a skilled BAGRC volunteer or staff member available for technical assistance and general support as needed. Please take a look below for more details.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 4pm - 7:30pm
Friday: 1:00pm - 8:30pm
Saturday 12pm - 7:30pm
Sunday 12pm - 5pm
1428 Alice Street at the Malonga Center for the Arts.
- Each student who wishes to use the space must have the PRACTICE SPACE APPLICATION completed by a parent or guardian.
- Must be accompanied by a BAGRC staff member or approved volunteer in order to gain access to the practice space.
- Sign-up at least five days in advance. 24 hours notice required for cancellations.
- Must attend orientation/info session on space usage. Following orientation space members will be given access to practice space Google calendar and listserv.
- Each band must have at least one member who has attended or volunteered at BAGRC.
- Be in harmony with the mission statement and community agreements of Bay Area Girls Rock Camp.
- Bands should be comprised of at least 50% girls, trans, or gender non-conforming members.
- In the event of scheduling restrictions, priority will be given to youth currently residing in Oakland.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to schedule an orientation.