Strategic Plan 2013-2016
In November 2013, the staff, Board of Directors, members of the Advisory Board, parents and youth met for a day-long Strategic Planning retreat. Facilitated by kiran nigam of the Anti-Oppression Resource and Training Alliance (AORTA), the group identified six major goals for the staff and Board to focus on over the next three years. They are:
- Increase diversity in all parts of the organization (Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, interns, campers, programming) so we are more equitable, relevant, and accessible.
- Make concrete steps towards securing year-round space for office, storage, practice rooms, programming.
- Build strategic partnerships and community connections to enhance our programming and embed and integrate us in the community.
- Grow sustainably by increasing organizational capacity focusing on staff, board of directors and volunteer development; financial stability; and financial resources.
- Strengthen existing programming and develop new programming in order to better meet our mission.
- Amplify youth voice and increase youth power by developing opportunities for youth to build leadership skills and including youth in the decision-making and direction of the organization.