This summer will mark the second year of our new Peer Mentor program (formerly known as the Internship Program) at Bay Area Girls Rock Camp! Peer Mentors will gain leadership experience while continuing to build musical skills, make new friends, and help us further the BAGRC mission.
Peer Mentors must:
- be 15-18 years old at the start of camp
- have attended two or more programs at BAGRC
- demonstrate responsibility, reliability, and a dedication to the mission of Bay Area Girls Rock Camp
- attend a Peer Mentor training session before camp
- attend the day-long volunteer training before camp
- help with either move-in or a camp showcase
This year, all Peer Mentors will receive a stipend for their work. Instrument Mentors will receive $100 per week, Band Mentors will receive $100, and those who take on both roles will receive $250.
There are a limited number of Peer Mentor positions for each session of camp. We'll be conducting interviews with applicants in April and May.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the BAGRC office: (510) 267-1808.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MAY 1ST, 2015. To apply, click here.