At BAGRC, we work with a small budget, a four-person staff collective, and hundreds of awesome volunteers. Your tax-deductible donation directly supports our youth programs and helps ensure that no one is ever turned away for lack of funds. Your generous donations help make all this possible—we couldn't do this without you. YOU ROCK!
DONATE ONLINE: Make a gift here. Want to support Rock Camp all year round? Sign up to be a Rock Star Sustainer– the "Donation Frequency" question allows you to choose the timing and amount for your safe and easy automatic donations!
DONATE BY MAIL: Just send a check made out to "Bay Area Girls Rock Camp" to PO Box 72213, Oakland CA 94612.
PUTTING YOUR GIFT TO WORK FOR GIRLS:
Here's what your gift could do:
➤ $25 buys five packs of guitar strings
➤ $50 buys one day's worth of healthy snacks for campers
➤ $100 buys one practice amp
➤ $250 buys earplugs for all our summer campers
➤ $400 buys a drum set for girls to pound on
➤ $900 sends 2 excited youth to Girls Rock Summer Camp
➤ $2,124 pays our rent (program & office) for one month
➤ $25,488 pays our rent (program & office) for one year
In-Kind Donations Wishlist (Gear, Goods, Services, etc.)
Our current wishlist is below. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com or call us at 510-267-1808 if there is something here that you can donate, or if there is something else you'd like to offer!
- Used Smartphone, IPad or Tablet: These useful contraptions let us record footage during band practice and camp, publish media, share awesome video clips and songs with campers, and help us sell merch!
- Pick up & Delivery People: Food donations feed our volunteers during camp, but it's often difficult for a staff member to pick up the donations while we are running the program. So. . . We LOVE it when people can pick up and deliver donations to our program.
- Videographers + Photographers: Help us record the showcases! We need photographers and videographers to record the showcases, edit and upload each song.
- Musical equipment: Electric guitars, basses, drums (full kits or parts of kits), keyboards, keyboard stands, amps, microphones, mic stands, cables (instrument, XLR, speaker), PAs, pedals, tuners, batteries, 1-spot adapters, etc.
- Air miles to offset the cost of sending staff members to the annual GIRLS ROCK CAMP ALLIANCE (GRCA) conference.
- Food/beverages/snacks: We provide snacks for all our participants, full breakfast and lunch for our summer camp volunteers, and 3 meals a day for our Women's Rock Campers. Donations of catered meals, restaurant discounts, beer & wine (for events), snacks, coffee & tea are greatly appreciated.
- Auction prizes: We hold silent auctions at many of our public events as a way to raise funds. Auction prize donations can include gift certificates (for massage/body work, restaurants, tattoo shops, music lessons, etc.), handmade crafts, creative services (people have offered singing telegrams, customized original songs, birthday party entertainment, etc.), artwork, concert tickets and more.
- Services: Graphic design, screenprinting, sound engineering, photography
- Massage + Bodywork: We love our healers to much we are saying this twice! Massages and bodywork can come into the program to work on our volunteers. Donate as a gift to the staff or auction off your services as an auction item.
- And the big one. . . A PERMANENT SPACE: We are in search of a space to call our own, preferably in or near downtown Oakland. In our dream space, in addition to our current programs, we would offer affordable group and private lessons, practice spaces for bands, ongoing workshops, a year-round community space for girls, recording and performance opportunities, and lots more. If you would like to donate a building to us, or have any leads on affordable spaces to rent, please get in touch!
Bay Area Girls Rock Camp is a nonprofit dedicated to empowering girls through music, promoting an environment that fosters self-confidence, creativity and collaboration.
Send all mail to:
PO Box 72213
Oakland, CA 94612
610 16th St, Suite 402
Oakland, CA 94612
Camp cell (to reach us at a program): (510) 394-8647
Office: (510) 267-1808
Girls Rock After School Program:
Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts, 1428 Alice St. (no mail, please)
Oakland School for the Arts, 530 18th St (no mail, please)